Thursday, July 01, 2004

Details of Dealing With A Broken Brain

This morning as I was lazing in bed reading, I started to feel all the tinglies running up and down my legs. It's not an unpleasant sensation, but a reminder that my brain is broken and my body attacking itself. As I was experiencing the tinglies, I kept thinking, "Gee, I wish I was already on my injections. I really want to start doing everything I can RIGHT NOW to halt the progression of the disease."

Not long after these thought, I received a call from Shared Solutions, which is the company that handles all the issues relating to the Copaxone injections I will be giving to myself. Shared Solutions has received the order from my neurologist, my medical benefits are being investigated, as well as which pharmacies I will be utilizing ordering my injections from. I should receive another phone call from Shared Solutions in a few days letting me know what my insurance covers of my medications and what my co-pay will be. Then I choose a pharmacy, take the injection class, and I'm off and running.

As impatient as I am to begin on my injections, the reality of this hit me like a ton of bricks. Yet another reminder that my poor brain is broken, what that means and the overwhelming sense of all the pesky details of managing it for the rest of my life.

Thank goodness I'm naturally an anal retentive individual when it comes to pesky details. I guess this part of my nature is just another happy accident in the many happy accidents I've experienced this past week.

But WOW...This is really real....My brain is broken.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home