Thursday, June 07, 2007

Engaging Too Much?

I just re-read the post that I had written back in April. In fact, I had drafted the post but didn't publish it until recently. The irony of it all, is that I guess I had so engaged back into living that I promptly managed to fall into a relapse. How pathetic is that?

Here I'm excited about starting a new full-time job -- in fact the first that I've worked full-time since the diagnosis -- thinking everything is going great and the next thing you know, I can't walk!

So, lots of medicine later and I'm back on the mend. Weakened again, but mending. As is typically, though, everything is a happy accident. This latest exacerbation prompted me to seriously examine what I wanted to do with my professional life and from that I have officially launched my new business, Professor QuickBooks. Yup, the URL and temporary website is on: www.ProfessorQuickBooks.com. I have established biz phone & mailing address; fictitious biz name filing. I have registered and starting the Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor course, so things are clicking along nicely; AND, 3 official clients. Yeah, me!!!

Originally, I thought I would have another month at the current job prior to be out on my own, but as life has it's way of working out, I was officially (very gently) laid off today. Being an accountant 1 month on the job and then not being able to walk during the week on month-close is just NOT a good thing. My boss has been the greatest about the whole thing, I now he felt horrible, but I gave him a big hug and told him I completely understood. I think he was actually relieved that I took the whole thing so well, but then little did he know that I've been plotting my future as well.

I see Dr. Wang on Monday. This will be a big appointment as we'll review the first MRIs I've had in two years to see how much progression of the disease there has been. Keep your fingers crossed that we get great news.

Happy Accident For Today: RELIEVED that I got fired and don't have to be the bad guy and quit. It just doesn't get any better than that!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home