Friday, July 02, 2004

Recipe For Healing A Broken Brain

Last night I popped online, joined the SD Chapter of the MS Society and started to do a little research about my illness and the medication I’ll be on. I thought I was ready for this; it turned out to be a HUGE mistake!

When I quickly realized that this wasn’t good for me I just immediately stopped and went about putzing around the house for a while. I then sat down on the couch next to Turtle and sobbed like I haven’t yet really cried about this. I was hiccuppie and everything. Reading the harsh realities of what could, or will eventually happen to my body wasn’t fun. I feel like I’ve let everyone down. My wonderful love, my family, my friends, myself…. It hurts me.

Turtle just held me and reminded me that I had said I would only allow myself 24 hours of self-pity and that he thought I had already used that up {{giggles}}. But this was a little different from self-pity and more a grip of deep terror. I find, for myself, that if I just allow myself these moments and feel, then I can put it behind me and move forward with the positives and not dwell on the negatives.

Turtle told me he was glad that I was a little scared because that meant I would do everything I could to stay healthy and well. I can’t ignore this or my body, and medication alone will not be a magic bullet. Living a healthy lifestyle, eating right, regular exercise, stress management, as well as my medication is what will help keep the disease at bay.

It felt good to cry and purge it all out and of course an epiphany came from the experience. My recipe for healing my broken brain:

4 Cups regular exercise
4 Cups eating right
1 Daily injection of medicine
1 pinch of healthy fear

Mix all ingredients together will copious amounts of hugggzzzzs and love from everyone. Love myself, be gentle with myself, have some patience and watch my brain begin to heal.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*virtual hugggzzzzs* He's right...a healthy dose of fear will only help. But I still wish I could take it all away for you.

<3
Mel

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We love you! Our healing thoughts are with you.

L and K

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Trish... Sending lots of positive energy your way.
Huge (((HUGS)))
Polina

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I came here trough a link on Halycon's site. I don't know you and you don't know me but that doesn't mean that I can use a few seconds to think about you and send you a lot of courage...Annamaria from Europe

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home