Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Blessed, Blessed Cold

I'm all alone lying in bed. The beautiful AC unit is set to 68 degrees and the thermostat says it's currently 71. I'm wearing nothing but a wife beater and undies...since I'm alone I don't have to worry about freezing anyone else out. My laptop is beside me on a pillow with Zodiac booted up in the DVD player ready to watch.

The only warmth around me is River, curled up between my legs; and Boy curled up on my right side. Their slight warm bodies feel good against the frigid air, little bumps of heat but not enough to cause me any discomfort.

I can feel the goosebumps on my arms and legs. I like the coldness in my extremities.

At this moment I'm feeling pretty content. Just to lay in bed and do nothing but soak up the cold and not worry about anyone else's discomfort. After the unrelenting heat of the week, this is a perfect moment.

As the room cools even more I begin to feel my strenght returning. As I bask in the cold blasts of air swirling in the room I feel my body begin to re-energize and strength returns. I wish I could be this cold all the time.

Happy Accident to Celebrate: Who needs Sun worshipping when you can worship the cold?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home