Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Science of Infusion Weekend

Pre-treat for the Tysabri headache with a norco one hour prior to infusion.

Plan on taking a norco every 4 hours for the headache over the course of the next 24-36 hours.

36 hours after the infusion, it's time for a PJ Pamper Party. Invite 4-6 of your closest friends.

Rent lots of movies.

Eat pizza & garlic knots from Flippin Pizza in La Costa.

Enjoy a couple of drinks of Crown Royal & Coke Zero.

And, finally, eat at least one bag of Pepperidge Farm Orange Milano cookies and a carton of chocolate ice cream.







-- Post From My iPhone

2 Comments:

Blogger M. Rose said...

Hi! I'm about to start Tysabri. Does the I.V. always go in your chest or can you get it in your arm as well?

7:14 PM  
Blogger LunaFemme said...

No, the IV will most likely go in your arm. I have a port (in the chest) in because I have uncooperative veins and hold the record for infusion attempts (7 in 2 hours with 3 different nurses) at my infusion center.

although a headache is a fairly common side effect with the Tysabri, the severity of my headache is much more uncommon. For me the "fuzziness" and headache are the only side effects I experience. But, it takes me a good 4 days for my head to stop pounding.

And....you can go to www.patientslikeme.com to get more first hand experiences from other Tysabri users. It's a little different for everyone.

Good luck to you. I've had 7 infusions and am feeling the best I've felt since my diagnosis. The 4 days is way, way worth feeling better the rest of the month for me. Just re-engaging in life again is sweet!

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home