Wednesday, July 07, 2004

The Prednisone Crazies

I think the prednisone crazies are starting to pass, well, at least a little. Yesterday was the first day that I felt affective in channeling the prednisone crazies instead of vice versa.

What are the prednisone crazies you ask? Well, let me try to explain.

Prednisone is a steroid drug that is great at controlling inflammation in your body and they prescribe it for all sorts of reasons, and yet, it has some of the most disgusting side affects in the world. The worst of which, is my body feeling completely achy and exhausted and yet the prednisone doesn’t allow my brain to SHUT THE F’ UP! So, much like being a speed freak, I feel as if I’m being propelled in a KAZILLION different directions at warp speed, when all I really want to do is rest quietly. I can’t forget to mention the CRASH that happens. Yup, finally my body will be so exhausted, of course brain still in hyper-drive, that full blown bitch mode hits with a vengeance and watch out whoever happens to be in the way!! It is generally during bitch mode that I begin to feel like I want to crawl out of my body and my hands won’t stop shaking. Oh yes, and I don’t want to forget to mention that my skin has broken out in acne, and my hair is thinning and I’m retaining enough water to look like a small hippo. But, I’m not bitter!

So, let me state for the official record. I hate prednisone. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. I H A T E I T! Did I mention I hate it? The biggest thing I hate about prednisone is that I’ve yet to find a happy accident to celebrate about the fact that I have to take it! Maybe I won’t discover that until this cycle is completely done.

However, today’s happy accident is that I’m stepping down on dosage and think I’m getting to the point where I’m able to channel the prednisone crazies instead of them controlling me.

Poor Turtle, he’s had to be SO patient. He has decided that cranky and hyper is better than super perky and hyper. Especially when I’m waking him up in the morning with a list of “honey do” chores. {{giggles}}

I had a fabulous birthday yesterday!! Thank you so much to everyone for the super cool birthday wishes. And, a big thanx to Red and Big O who sent me one of the most beautiful flower designs I’ve ever seen.

Today, I get to spend with my Aunt CandyCane, so I’m off to another little birthday celebration. A celebration of me!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Joe Crawford said...

Take care of yourself. This journal is admirable!

1:33 PM  
Blogger LunaFemme said...

Thank you! This has been my sanity check AND I'm having tons of fun writing. I'm surprised to learn that I'm enjoying people reading my crazy thoughts, it makes me feel more alive somehow.

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home