Wednesday, August 04, 2004

One-month Check-up

It’s been a little over a month since the diagnosis of my broken brain. Gosh, it still feels like it was yesterday, and yet, it feels like forever at the same time. Gotta love those dichotomies!

Dr. Wang, my neurologist, says I’m doing great! We’re working on a few things to help with the fatigue; I’m actually missing the nervous energy of the prednisone. No, I didn’t just say that…did I? No! Blick on prednisone, even if it did give me some energy all the other ickies aren’t worth it!!! So, barring any worsening of symptoms or new and unusual ones, I won’t see her again for 3 months. And, of course I’m going to be absolutely in perfect health and so won’t see her any sooner!! I’m willing it!

Work was stressful today and, as usual, I’m exhausted. I didn’t even get my afternoon nap in. I feel so deprived! I’ve watered and loved up my flowers and the beasties. Turtle has left for the gym. I’m off to bed; 4:30 a.m. comes quickly.

Today’s Happy Accident: My favorite song: “Summertime Rolls” by Jane’s Addiction. It always makes me feel happy, even when I’m stuck in bumper-to-bumper traffic on Hwy 5.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home